It doesn’t looks like Sony is going to roll any software updates, forget Jelly Bean not even ICS updates.But now you can install an custom ROM on your device which is based on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.Most of you will be well knowing or have heard about CyanogenMod 10 which is an Jelly Bean based ROM and you can very easily install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean CM10 Custom ROM on your Xperia Mini ST15i / ST15a .
In this tutorial we will guide you through how to update your Xperia Mini ST15i / ST15a to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean CM10 Custom Firmware.But before the tutorial we should let you know some warnings and pre-requisites.
Disclaimer – All the tools, mods,firmwares or ROMs etc. mentioned below belong to their respective developers or owners.In any case while following the tutorial you do something wrong,miss a step or what soever, we vickyz.com or the developers or owners are not liable or responsible to any damage or brick of your device in any case. We are not forcing you to attempt this tutorial, its all your wish.
What’s must –
- Your device should be factory unlocked.
- It’s always advisable to be on a safer side before trying anything on your device, so please create a backup of your devices data.So that you don’t loose your contact,messages or files.
- Do make sure that your device is fully charged before performing this tutorial, almost 60% to 70%.
- You have the correct drivers installed, to connect your device to the computer.
- USB debugging is enabled on your device.
This process is for Sony Xperia Mini ST15i / ST15a, try this after reading this article completely.
- Download CM10 Android 4.1.1 ROM and Google Apps on your computer and extract the file.
- Connect your device via a USB cable to your computer.
- Copy the downloaded 4.1.1 ROM zip files on your SD card, remember not to copy the file somewhere in the root of the SD card not any folder.
- Switch off your device and disconnect device by unplugging the USB cable.
- Now enter into recovery mode.To enter into recovery mode you need to press Volume down button while turning the phone on.
- Enter into ClockworkMod recovery.You need to perform a full data wipe first.Now navigate down to ‘flash zip from SD car’, Press power button to select.
- Select ‘choose zip from SD card’
- Using volume keys navigate to ‘Android 4.1.1 ROM’ zip file and select it by pressing power button.
- Installation will begin on next screen, confirm it.
- Repeat the same for Google Apps package.
- As the installation gets completed, go to ‘+++++Go Back’ and reboot the device by selecting ‘reboot system now’ from the recovery menu.
- The device will boot and might take take some time, so please wait for some minutes.
You are done, you updated Xperia Mini ST15i / ST15a to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean CM10 Custom Firmware.
To check – Go to Settings > About phone.
If you fail,fall into any kind of trouble or have any questions you can drop in your comment below and we will be happy to help you.